GVAC Rescues Mission
GVAC Rescue is dedicated to making a difference in the Greater Victoria area. It is our mandate to promote an enlightened and progressive program of animal rescue and welfare with an emphasis on spaying and neutering, to help lessen the suffering of unwanted companion animals and whenever possible, find them loving forever homes.
Community is vital and working together is the key to success, whether it is with other rescue organizations or with people who simply love animals and want to help.
Join us in making a difference in your community. Give a voice to those who have none.
Did you Know?
- Each animal is placed into a foster home which allows us to tell you about each animal’s personality in a home environment.
- Each cat receives a vet check up, vaccines, deworm, deflea and spay/neuter.
- All dogs are vet checked, de-wormed, de-flead, spayed/neutered and assessed by a professional dog trainer.
- We do home visits prior to every adoption. This is a personal way we can ensure we find the best fit not only for the animals, but for the new home as well.
- The volunteers at GVAC Rescue are always available to you for advice or assistance — even years after adoption! When you adopt from us we are always here to provide any guidance we can. Whatever the question, concern, or issue that may arise down the road, we are always here to help if we can! Just send us an email at email@example.com. We want to ensure everyone is happy and healthy for the life of the pet.
- We are a 100% “Volunteer” Organization so we do not have expenses such as salaries or rental/mortgage fees. As well, you can be assured that since we are completely run by volunteers we are all here for the love and passion of each and every animal. These animals are being fostered in our homes so our hearts are invested in each and every one of them!